Swedish Pasta Bake called Makaronipudding.
- 1 tbs.butter
- 200 grams cooked pasta
- 200 grams smoked ham, sausages or left over meat
- 3 tbsp. grated cheese, preferable parmesan or sharp cheddar
- freshly grounded white pepper
- freshly grounded nutmeg
- 2-3 eggs
- 300-450 ml milk
- salt and pepper
Swedish lingonberry jam is available in many grocery stores in State of Washington.
- Cook any uncooked meat.Cut meat into small pieces.
- Butter a form and add the cooked pasta.
Add meat and half the cheese to pasta.
Grate nutemeg and grind white pepper over the dish.
Crack eggs into a bowl and whisk.
Add milk, salt and pepper to eggs and whisk.
- Pour mixture over pasta and meat.
- Add rest of cheese to pasta.
- Bake until firm and surface is brown, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with melted butter or longonberry jam.